Monday, March 3, 2014

New Magic: Minotaur Younghorn

I'm very excited today to share with you a new Magic: the Gathering card that was just released this past weekend. Unlike my last MtG related post about Setessan Oathsworn, this card is actually the first I was ever commissioned for the game. Have a look:


Minotaur Younghorn 12" x 14" Oil on masonite
This guy was created for a special encounter deck called Battle the Horde. Which is a special preset deck that players can play against to try and defeat the bloodthirsty minotaur clan. So, sadly this card can't be used in regular game play....i think? I don't quite know the the rules regarding this card, but I think it can only be used in conjunction with the horde deck.
Anyway, I'm really happy with this painting and it was a blast to create. Here's the sketch:


12" x 14" charcoal and digital

I'd like to thank Dawn Murin the AD on this one for giving me my first opportunity to work on a game I've wanted to create art for ever since I saw it back in 1998. It's an honor to be a part of all the other outstanding artists working on the game. 

Both the painting and sketch are available for purchase please contact me at murphyillustration@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment