Tuesday, August 10, 2010

GenCon and A Dark Sun

I just got back from a great weekend at GenCon in Indianapolis! It is one of the biggest gaming conventions in the world. This year was my first time attending, and I really enjoyed it. I met so many great artists and art directors out there. I definitely plan on getting a booth next year to join in all the art show fun! 

The other exciting thing about the weekend was that The Dark Sun Creature Catalogue was revealed much to my surprise. I created some spot illustrations for the book which is my first project for Wizards ever! These illustrations were done back in February, and while I still really love them (being my first real D&D gig and all), it's funny to look back at art you've done six months ago. There are so many things I think I would have done differently(and better) on them now in retrospect....I am my own harshest critic. I still loved creating them, and had a blast working with Mari at Wizards on this project! 

So without further ado! Here is the first image from the set: I will be posting these over the next few days.
Belgoi

4 comments:

  1. Cool deal Scott! Your Belgoi looks like it was a lot of fun to work on! Can't wait to see the rest.

    Cheers,
    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the reveal, nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice gesture. I dig it. Is this in oils?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys!
    It is oil on illustration board

    ReplyDelete