Monday, May 13, 2013

Badru and the Beanstalk Final

A while back I had posted my sketch for the first piece in a series i'm working on for part of my MFA thesis. The setting is "jack and the beanstalk," with an orientalist twist. I'm still figuring out the logistics of this project and how I want the whole thing to work, but for now i'm just working through some of the initial images in the story. So here's the final for the first one.
12x22.5 Oil on masonite
If you're going to be at Spectrum Live this weekend you can also see the painting in person, as well as many other originals, sketches, and prints that I'll have with me.

3 comments:

  1. Very awesome painting, Scott. I can't wait to see it at SFAL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you following through with a project I saw you start with just thumbnail skecthes almost a year ago!

    ReplyDelete